Friday, January 15, 2010

Sick, sick, sick

Last Friday I thought it would be bad ass to flyer around town for my local info shop(Civic Media Center). This took me walking a few miles in 40 degree temperatures. Subsequently, I'm now bundled up with a frog in my throat (turns out it's strep). I thank myself for being too lazy to bike, I might have ended up worse.

Anywho, today I've been resting in hopes of not furthering sickness. While resting my friend Sarah came over to bring me "Get well" bread, which she baked herself. It is a delicious garlic and rosemary whole wheat loaf of healthy-soon-to-get-your-ass-out-of-bed-goodness. While she visited she taught me how to spin yarn using a drop spindle. She has become quite adept at spinning her own yarn. She not only spins it, she knits socks with it. It's one of the coolest things I think you can DIY.

Here's a pics of the roving I bought ages ago, thinking I'd spin one day.



And here is what I've spinned so far, now that I have my technique down.

Sarah said that 4 oz should yield a pair of socks. I can't wait to see how the stripes knit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment