Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Spinning and Folding


It's been so long since I've posted, I feel remorse because it just began. Well, good news exists. I have been spinning some more since the last post. Again, I bought some roving almost a year ago and hadn't touched since. It was like blue-raspberry jello clouds and cotton candy. The colors were my favorite when I was a child and just brought back so much nostalgia when I found it. My plan is to knit it, felt it and stuff it with buckwheat groats to make a muscle pack. You know, those things that you put in the microwave when you're sore. One of those. I want one, I just don't want to pay $16.95 for one when I could make it easily.


Last night we made pot stickers by hand, except for the wrappers. We had a bunch of random stuff on hand so we mixed all together and made dumplings. It consisted of garlic, ginger, a bag of shredded cabbage (intended for coleslaw mix) and some Xiang Chang, a sweet Chinese style sausage. They turned out so tasty. We had some wrappers leftover, I think I'll make some homemade ravioli.


No comments:

Post a Comment