Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cold Weather Accomplishments

For the past two weeks I finished up some projects and practiced bread making

I knit up the yarn I spun in the last entry. It didn't make very much, therefore I made a small project out of it.
 
It is a relaxation pillow. It is made out of the knitted yarn and an old pillowcase and filled with rice. When you have sore muscles, put it in the microwave and it warms you up. When it's 90 degree weather, place it in the freezer and use it to cool off. I'm very happy with it.

Here are more mended socks and a delicious oatmeal whole wheat bread I made by hand. This time the socks were patched with pieces of an old t-shirt. The material is far more comfortable to walk on instead of the previously knitted patches.

Its been very cold and rainy lately making it very cold to walk or bike, especially on hands. So to remedy this I'm knitting some glittens. These are fingerless gloves with a mitten top. I found a free pattern for these through Ravelry. I used Lionbrand Woolease yarn, it is not only warm and cuddly, it is very durable. Durability means long-term use. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment