Sunday, June 27, 2010

DIY is Back!

It has been so long since I did any note-worthy DIY. But it is back!

Yesterday, mt friend Sarah and I went to an Urban Homesteader gathering to make your own soap. We used a hot process method and cam up with these beauties.

The spheres are soap balls made of homemade soap shavings. One is plain. One is oatmeal and lavender-tea tree oil. The third is like the second but with lavender buds and hibiscus flowers. They smell amazing! The odd shaped ones are plain molded soap. The molds were old pudding containers. We used canola, olive, and coconut oils and vegetable shortening. They're still drying/hardening so i haven't bathed with them yet. I'm eagerly anticipating it.

As if making soap all morning wasn't enough ... one of the urban homesteaders told us about an organic U-pick blueberry farm in town. Well we hauled out basket and butts over there and spent the afternoon picking berries. We wound up with 5.5 lbs. These are just some of them.


These have been absolutely wonderful, I haven't been able to stop stuffing myself with them. I see many blueberry baked goods in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment